0800 280 2440Contact Us
Exploring & Tasting Wine - ebook
The digital book that now brings the wisdom and enjoyment of Berry Bros. & Rudd’s award-winning Wine School to readers everywhere. It brings to iPad, iPhone and Mac users the full text and the innovative graphics of the printed book – enhanced by zoomable maps, embedded video and audio clips and the facility to add your own notes.Download on iBookstore for £14.99
Featuring a foreword by Emma Thompson, our book focusses on the classic grape varieties that from the backbone of great wines the world over. For each grape there are innovative practical pages that best describe vital factors such as aroma, flavour and balance. Background pages to help broaden your understanding and discussions by our Masters of Wine and other experts.
Exploring & Tasting Wine is from people who teach wine every day, and who know the questions wine-lovers, both novices and experienced, want to ask. Because we do not believe that wine is a cut-and-dried subject. And we know that in the end, a wine can be summed up in one short sentence: ‘Is it good to drink?’
The digital book version is not only uniquely accessible. Using the interactive features, users can:
- Customise: add their own comments or tasting notes anywhere in the text
- Answer on-screen the aide-memoire wine questions that end each chapter
- Explore maps and diagrams in the tiniest detail
- Watch and listen to the experts on video and audio clips
- In the video clips, Berry Bros. & Rudd experts answer questions such as when is a wine ready to drink? How do bottle shapes give clues to a wine? Anne McHale, Master of Wine and one of the tutors at the Wine School, shows in a brief, clear video just how to taste wine.
Reviews about the eBook edition
- Exploring and Tasting Wine in hardback has been acclaimed by experts and reviewers alike. Decanter called it “A star buy” and in the Daily Telegraph Victoria Moore writes: “I recommend buying it. I particularly like the fact that, unusually for a wine book, it succeeds in making wine feel part of the real world. Very cleverly written…it feels contemporary and fresh, delivering information succinctly and clearly. It has been carefully marshalled into shape to be appropriate for the 21st century.”
- Exploring & Tasting Wine is a distillation of the Wine School’s approach: Indeed, it’s been described by top London style magazine Country & Town House as “the only wine book you will ever need.”
The eBook Preview: