Our CSR Policy
As a family business with over 300 years of history and an immediate connection to the Earth through our products, sustainability is at the heart of our business. We recognise that our activities, like most businesses, have an environmental impact. Therefore, protecting the environment is a key responsibility and issue for us.
We are committed to improving our environmental performance by pursuing an environmentally-friendly path forward, whilst maintaining high quality and commercial viability. We aim to work with suppliers and producers who themselves demonstrate a commitment to pursue the same path.
We recognise our main environmental impacts are related to:
- Energy use in transport and running our facilities (shops, offices, and warehouses);
- Materials and waste from packaging our products and operating our facilities;
- Water use in the production of our products, and operating our facilities;
- Materials, energy and waste in marketing our products;
- Energy use through employee travel.
We will strive to:
- Adopt high environmental standards, and where they exist, to exceed relevant legislative requirements;
- Regularly assess the environmental impact of our operations, identify areas where we can minimise impacts and continuously improve our environmental performance;
- Work with our suppliers to minimise waste through careful and efficient use of materials and energy;
- Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible [e.g. recycled, FSC or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable sources];
- Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement;
- Reduce environmental impacts including carbon emissions and waste through the operations of our facilities;
- Implement an environmentally sound transport strategy;
- Publicise our environmental position.
Berry Bros. & Rudd Ltd. will periodically review its environmental performance and publish progress made against the relevant environmental indicators.