Berry Bros. & Rudd Ltd. is committed to reducing its impact on the environment.
The Company will select the most environmentally-friendly path forward while maintaining high quality and commercial viability, and will aim to work with suppliers and producers who themselves demonstrate a clear commitment to pursue the same path.
Freight Import: Fewer carbon emissions via greater freight forward efficiencies
Freight Export: Fewer carbon emissions by minimising the amount of airfreight
Warehouse & Distribution
- Greater energy efficiency: water, heating, electricity
- Packing materials: re-use, recycle & reduce
- Maximising the recycling of waste; minimising the amount going to landfill
- Delivery vans efficiency: via fuel efficiency & fewer part loads
We now use an environmentally-friendly hand wrap. This product has no core, and hence when the roll is finished there is nothing left to dispose of. Due to the manufacturing process the whole roll can be used instead of traditional rolls where the last few meters of film are left on the core – this again reduces the amount of waste.
Office & Personnel
- Provide environmental training
- Encourage the use of public transport
- Use recycled paper & stationery
- Reduce PC/electrical power load per desk
- Canteen & corporate kitchen: local, organic or British produce
- Reduce the amount of bottled water used internally & externally
- Challenge the need to fly; would video conferencing or a phone call suffice
- Reduce the amount being mailed in favour of internet offers
- Reduce the amount of mailshot waste; increase the amount being recycled
- Reduce the laminated offer in favour of the recycled or sustainable
- Communication to customers of our environmentally-friendly initiatives, such as the recycling & re-use of bottles, packaging material, cartons & bags
- Communication to customers of our suppliers’ environmental credentials