- Use and Collection of Your Personal Data
- Further Information/Marketing
- Disclosure, Storage Methods and Duration
- Disclosing Your Personal Data to Third Parties
- Cookies/Software Agents
- Interception of Mail
- Security and Changes
- E-mail Alerts, Notices and Newsletters
BBRS respects your privacy and seeks to protect your Personal Data, in accordance with the PDPA.
Use and Collection of Your Personal Data
BBRS may collect and use your Personal Data in a variety of ways to communicate, and provide or improve our services to you. For example:
- Administering and providing the services at the Sites;
- Preventing, detecting and preventing faults and breaches in the network security of our Sites and managing other commercial risks;
- Communicating with you via e-mail or any other modes of communication (online or otherwise)
- Verifying your identity for the purpose of account registration, and providing you with our products and services;
- Providing quotations that you have requested;
- Sending newsletters and providing information and updates on promotions and services that you have opted or signed up for;
- Responding to and handling queries, complaints or feedback from you;
- Hosting events, conducting surveys or requesting for feedback on our services;
- Improving the usability and access of our Sites and services;
- Billing and invoicing for services that you have signed up for;
- We may also use the Personal Data in the course of our business for:-
- Legal or regulatory compliance;
- Market research, including statistical analysis to understand and determine customer preferences and demographics in order for us to develop new services or improve on our existing services;
- Accounting and record keeping;
- Staff and customer service training;
- Any other purpose directly relating to any of the above.
There may be instances where Personal Data may be transmitted to us automatically Such instances include, but are not limited to:
- Header and clickstream / traffic data automatically transferred as part of using a browser or device and accessing the Sites;
- Accessing the Sites while logged into social media platforms or other services;
- Cookies which are stored on your device and enable the Sites to remember your options and preferences;
- Web analytics conducted by webhosting service providers or other parties to understand your usage, and traffic data and patterns while browsing the Sites.
- You may refuse to supply Personal Data to us but certain functionalities of the Sites may not be available without such Personal Data.
- You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us in complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Disclosure, Storage Methods and Duration
BBRS will not sell your Personal Data to third parties. Any disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties will only be done with your consent or otherwise to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. By providing or submitting your Personal Data to us, accessing, using or viewing any of the Sites, services, functions or content, you are deemed to have given your consent for us to disclose your Personal Data for the uses set out above. For other uses not set out above, we will seek your consent separately. We may disclose Personal Data to third parties who carry out services for us or assist us in the course of our business, but only if the third parties agree to keep the Personal Data confidential and accord at least the same level of protection and security measures to the Personal Data as we do.
There may be instances where Personal Data is transferred outside of Singapore such as where the third party is located overseas or the data is automatically transferred as part of a backup or cloud service. When Personal Data is transferred outside of Singapore, we will ensure that the third party is bound contractually and under its local laws to protect your Personal Data to a standard comparable to that accorded under the PDPA.
Unless otherwise required by law, government authorities or regulatory bodies to retain your Personal Data for longer periods, we may store and use your Personal Data in our databases for a reasonable period, reflecting our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services and any data retention requirements pursuant to the PDPA and any other applicable law. This means we may retain your Personal Data after you cease to use our services or after you have ceased to interact with us. Except where the law, authorities or regulatory bodies require us to retain it for longer, we retain Traffic Data for a reasonable period after the Traffic Data was generated.
Disclosing Your Personal Data to Third Parties
Please note that Berry Bros. & Rudd Singapore is not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data by third parties. These third parties include social networking platforms, geo-location services and online advertisers.
You should read the privacy policies of such third parties or ask relevant questions before interacting with them.
You should also review their device or browser's cookie policies to keep, refuse or alert you when cookies are being stored or used.
Do note that some functionality of the Sites may be affected if you choose not to accept cookies from the Sites.
"Cookies" are pieces of software, which may be sent and recorded on your computer. These cookies enable us to collect information about how our websites and services are being used and to manage them more efficiently. Until you have registered on BBRS's website, the cookies will only track general usage patterns and technical information about your computer type and will not be used to identify you individually. After registration, cookies will be used to collect information on you to facilitate your website experience.
You can turn off the ability to receive cookies by adjusting the browser on your computer but you should note that if you do so, this may materially distort the quality of service and data you receive. Cookies are not used to collect your Personal Data. Cookies are also used as a site security method to stop abuse of our subscriber service. Read in more detail about the cookies we use and how to manage them
Interception of Mail
BBRS may intercept mail(s) (electronically or otherwise) addressed to individuals within BBRS. The reasons we do this are related to security of Berry Bros. & Rudd Singapore, its staff and others, for detection and prevention of crime and to identify correct recipients or to make sure mail is dealt with during staff absence. Berry Bros. & Rudd Singapore may reject, delay or remove content from emails which have a nature, content or attachments which may disrupt Berry Bros. & Rudd Singapore's systems or because they may pose security issues such as viruses.
Berry Bros. & Rudd Singapore may also filter out emails which contain certain content on the basis that content is offensive or the email is unwanted or spam. In certain circumstances this may unfortunately result in "innocent" emails being affected. However, we actively endeavour to reduce such occurrences.
Security and Changes
Berry Bros. & Rudd Singapore has adopted strict policies on data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Data collected when you access our Sites.
BBRS offers the opportunity for you to receive an e-mail, newsletter or other notifications in relation to periodic updates on new or existing products and events or new services being offered. If you do not want to receive any of the above, you can at any time choose to stop receiving e-mail alerts or newsletters by following the instructions on the alert, notification or e-newsletter or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawal of Consent, Access, Corrections, Complaints and Enquiries on Personal Data
Nicholas Pegna, Director (S.E. Asia) and
Data Protection Officer
Telephone Number : +65 6709 0109
Address : 88B Amoy Street, Singapore 069907.
All requests for correction or access to your Personal Data must be made in writing.
We endeavour to respond to your queries, requests or complaints within thirty (30) days or inform you of any delays in our response or requests for more details from you within those thirty (30) days.
Please note that there may be situations where we may be prevented by law from complying with your request or even informing you of the reasons for not doing so. We may also be entitled reject your request but we will provide reasons for such rejected requests.