Who we are
Being a good wine merchant is about providing the best quality possible at all levels, be that hidden gems or grand châteaux. It is about integrity, treating our customers in an honest and fair manner.
It is about authority, presenting knowledgeable and respected opinions. And, vitally, it is about providing an unsurpassed level of customer service. These four key values form the foundation of our business, and are the prime reasons why today we are honoured to hold two Royal Warrants for H.M. The Queen and H.R.H. The Prince of Wales. At Berry Bros. & Rudd, we believe that being a good wine merchant is about providing you with the ultimate fine wine experience - whether you are interested in receiving regular cases of wine for drinking now, advice on wines to lay down, or wish to attend a tasting event of rosé wines or First Growth Clarets.
Simon Berry, Chairman
We are Britain's oldest wine and spirit merchant, established in the 17th century. Our home at No. 3 St James's Street, London since 1698 when it was founded by the Widow Bourne. A supplier to the royal family since the reign of King George III, historic customers have included Lord Byron, William Pitt the Younger and the Aga Khan. We created the Cutty Sark whisky, and pioneered the vintage concept for The Glenrothes single malt Scotch whisky. Today members of the Berry and Rudd families continue to own and manage the family-run wine merchant.
Where to find us
- We were the first wine merchant to open an online wine shop in 1994.
- Our home at No. 3 St James's Street has changed little since it was opened in 1698.
- Our shop at 63 Pall Mall offers a world-class range of wine and spirits, with a selection available to taste in Enomatic machines and a dedicated Fine Wine Reserve.
- The historic Cellars & The Townhouse at No. 3 St James's is also the venue for our wine schools, wine tastings, corporate entertaining and bespoke events
- Our Warehouse Shop in Basingstoke offers a wide selection of our portfolio, with a range of discounts up to 30%.
- A diverse range of more than 4,000 wines & spirits
- 40 different lines of own range wines from classic wine regions
- Fine wine investment advice
- Wine Storage in state-of-the-art, temperature controlled warehouses
- The Wine Club
- The Cellar Plan
Wine Tastings & Fine Dining and Wine Schools,
suited for both novices and fully fledged wine connoisseurs
- BBX (Berrys' Broking Exchange), the first online fine wine trading platform, which enables our customers to buy and sell wines that are stored in our bonded warehouses.
Berry Bros. & Rudd
3 St James's Street