Tullibardine Distillery is situated in the village of Blackford in Perthshire (Highlands) and lies on the site of Scotlands oldest brewery dating back to the twelfth century. During the early part of the 20th century, the brewery fell upon hard times and it was eventually sold to a a Welshman by the name of William Delme Evans in 1947, who converted it to a distillery. Delme Evans was an architect and an influential figure who also designed Jura and Glenallachie. In 1971, Tullibardine was purchased by Invergordon Distillers. In 1994 Whyte and Mackay, who had acquired the distillery from Invergordon Distillers, decided to mothball Tullibardine distillery along with various other distilleries due to an excess of distillation capacity within their company.The distillery lay dormant from 1994 until the June of 2003 when it was bought by a group of businessmen with a passion for Scotch whisky. Tullibardine Highlands whisky is generally recognised as an easy drinking malt and an ideal pre-dinner appetiser. It is smooth and mellow on the palate with a fruity flavour and has a clean crisp finish. On nosing, Tullibardine offers a fresh, floral scent with hints of vanilla and chocolate orange. It is an ideal introductory scotch malt and is described as eminently quaffable.