0800 280 2440
Château Clauzet, based in the St-Estèphe wine appellation in Bordeaux, was first established in 1850 by the Bernard Family. They owned nearly 80 hectares, half under vine, half devoted to other crops. The name Clauzet dates from the wedding of Anne Olympe Bernard and Pierre Ulysse Clauzet, from which Anne brought the vineyard with her as a dowry. In 1997 Baron Maurice Velge bought Château Clauzet and Château de Côme. He then hired José Bueno, previously of Château Clerc Milon and Château d’Armillac, to manage the winery. Château Clauzet only produces red wines. The vineyard is planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (55%), Merlot (40%), Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot (5%).