Wine Events Napoleon Cellar
The cellars beneath our wine shop date from the early 18th century. Louis Napoleon, later to become Emperor Napoleon III, held clandestine meetings here during his exile in the 1840s, plotting his return to France.
The largest of our three cellars, our 19th-century Napoleon Cellar is perfect for stand-up receptions and tastings, as well as sit-down lunches and dinners.
It combines the old with the new, with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities discreetly presented next to historic original features.
- Canapé menus from £35 per person, luncheon and dinner menus from £65 per person
- Wines are charged at retail prices, with just £15 handling fee per bottle.
- Walkaround tastings for 120 people.
- Seats 72 for lunch or dinner.
- Tutored tasting followed by lunch or dinner for up to 40
- Tutored tasting and canapé reception for up to 40.