0800 280 2440
D'Arenberg is one of the most significant wineries in the McLaren Vale. In 1912 Joseph Osborn purchased the well established Milton Vineyards in the hills of the Mclaren Vale. Joseh's son, Francis Osborn, left medical school to help his father in the running of the estate. Fruit from the 78 hectares of vineyards was sold to local wineries until his own cellars were complete in 1928. Dry red table and fortified wines were produced in ever increasing quantities to supply the expanding markets of the Empire.
In 1943 Frank's son Francis d'Arenberg, known as 'd'Arry', left school at the age of 16 to help his ailing father to run the business, assuming full management of d'Arenberg in 1957. In the 1960's d'Arenberg wines gained cults status amongst imbiders and judges, gaining a significant international profile in less than 20 years.
Today d'Arry and his son Chester (made chief winemaker in 1984) have rejuvenated the old cellars and 19th century vineyards. Investing in new oak refrigeration and lots of stainless steel tanks which resulted in the production of the Dry Dam Riesling, Olive Grove Chardonnay and botrytis affected Noble Riesling. d'Arenberg is continuing to produce wines that are a credit to both the winery and the region.
Wines sold "In Bond" (including BBX) or “En Primeur” are not available for immediate delivery and storage charges may apply.
Duty and VAT must be paid separately before delivery can take place.
Bottle 6 x 75cl1cs