The Glendronach distillery in the Deveron area of Speyside was founded by James Allardice in 1826, but it was destroyed by a fire in 1937. The licence and the ruins of the distillery were sold to Walter Scott of Teaninich distillery. From 1920 to 1960 it stayed under the ownership of Charles Grant (younger son of William Grant of Glenfiddich) and it was subsequently sold to William Teacher, now part of the Pernod-Ricard group. The Glendronach distillery was mothballed since 1995, but production resumed in 2004. The malt is used in the blends Ballantine and Teachers.