0800 280 2440
This domaine is often thought of as being in Chambolle-Musigny as most of their vineyards are in that commune and none in Morey. Its origins date back to Frederic Groffier in the 19th century, before Jules Groffier (1898-1974), son of Frederic and father of Robert built it up, and Robert started the practice of domaine bottling. It is now run by Robert Groffier’s son Serge and grandson Nicolas. There are no set rules to vinification, with stalks being included to a greater or lesser degree according to the vintage, having previously used all the stems (until 1984) and then none (in the 1990s). Jasper Morris MW, Burgundy Wine Director and author of the award-winning Inside Burgundy comprehensive handbook.