Do you want to write the next chapter in the story of Britain's oldest wine and spirits merchant? Here is your chance.
As part of our recruitment process, we will collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we do this to meet our data protection obligations and therefore ask you to read our Job Applicant privacy notice.
Berry Bros. & Rudd, Britain’s original wine and sprit merchant, is looking to recruit a brilliant Copywriter to help bring our brand to life in both digital platforms and print. The role will be based in our Basingstoke Marketing department, with occasional travel to our London offices required.
The right candidate will be able to create engaging, persuasive and impactful copy, responding to creative and marketing briefs in a compelling way. You will be able to balance the need to “tell stories” and work within the brand’s tone of voice with commercial requirements, balancing a sales message within a premium context. You will be creative, quick-thinking, have an exceptional eye for detail and be good at managing multiple stakeholder expectations.
The role involves:
- Responsible for sourcing the hundreds of wines that the company sells every year
- The company sells to all routes to market, including private customers, on- and off-trade and independent merchants. The Buying team is required to understand and fulfil requirements for all these sectors.
The role involves:
- Creatively developing marketing materials for a range of contexts (emails, brochures, retail POS, web, print and digital advertising) in accordance with brand guidelines
- Working closely with the Marketing and Ecommerce teams to ensure consistency and accuracy across all messaging to the agreed briefs and established tone of voice
- Working closely with designers, using creative and conceptual flair to come up with great ideas and solutions to tackle briefs
- Creating a variety of enticing, brand appropriate copy across digital touch points, utilising deep understanding of digital best practices to create effective consumer messaging
- Ensuring messaging is consistent with Berry Bros. & Rudd brand guidelines, maintains the integrity of our premium brand and is effective and direct
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the team and the Business to help define and implement end-to-end user experiences that drive customers to our desired call-to-actions
- Proofreading, checking for accuracy and signing-off communications
Skills, knowledge and personal attributes
The right candidate will be an established copywriter with a portfolio that demonstrates high-quality copywriting within a variety of campaigns and projects, with a particular focus on premium brands.
You will have:
- The ability to produce compelling, persuasive and impactful copy
- A solid understanding of how luxury brands operate in a direct space
- An excellent grasp of SEO and digital marketing best practice
- The ability to use different language styles across different online and offline channels and to appeal to various target markets
- A thorough understanding of digital media and technology, to efficiently produce highly engaging and impactful copy with a creative edge
- The ability to digest complex, information and turn it into clear, compelling, innovative and engaging copy, which commands the attention of customers and increases participation and advocacy
- The ability to take on board and respect feedback – with a positive and solution-oriented attitude
- The ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects and well-developed project management skills, to work on more than one brief at a time
- A keen eye for detail and proficient proofreading skills
- An interest in wine and spirits
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV to Michaela Cloke, People Business Partner, email@example.com by Wednesday 21st November 2018.
*Please note that the employee referral scheme applies to this vacancy