Domaine Marquis D`Angerville consists of 13.5 hectares of vineyards, which includes holdings in no fewer than 8 Volnay 1er crus and smaller holdings in Pommard and Meursault. Pride of place belongs to the 2.90 hectare monopole of Clos Des Ducs in Volnay. In the 1920s the Marquis d`Angerville was one of Burgundy's true pioneers - he fought corruption and indifference to quality, which at the time was rife amongst Beaune merchants, and was one of the first producers to initiate estate bottling. Jacques d`Angerville took over the reins in 1952 and has over the years steadily refined the practices both in the vineyard and in the cuverie and the chai. François Duvivier was appointed to run the vineyards and the winemaking in 2005. Today the wines are exemplary, and the key seems to be low yields, a high average vine age and a very judicious use of new oak in the élevage. The wines are remarkably long-lived and some of the most sought-after in the Côte D'Or. The estate is now fully converted to biodynamics.