The Glenlossie distillery was founded in 1876 by John Duff, the then manager of Glendronach, aided by two of his friends, Alexander Grigor Allen and H.M.S. MacKay. John Duff remained owner of the distillery up to 1896, when Alexander Grigor Allen died. When John Duff left the distillery, H.M.S MacKay renamed it in Glenlossie-Glenlivet.
In 1919 the distillery was acquired by the Distillers Company (now the Diageo group). It was rebuilt in 1929, following a fire destruction and in 1971 a new distillery was added to the original buildings, called Mannochmore.
Its single malt is rarely bottled (only 0,5% of the production is marketed as single malt) and it can be purchased at independent bottlers such as Berry Bros & Rudd.